Backcountry Tour Camp - 2023, Valdez, Alaska
2023 dates and pricing to be announced soon!
Spend a week camped on a remote Alaska glacier deep in the Chugach Mountains while picking lines to ascend and ride from the doorstep of your tent.
Experience backcountry ski touring and splitboarding Alaska in its wildest form. Bring your favorite backcountry partner to share a spacious three person tent with access to a communal tent for drying out gear and enjoying hot cooked meals and drinks every morning and night. Guided groups will climb and ride amazing AK lines in a remote cirque in the legendary Chugach.
Fly to an unforgettably majestic location in one of Alaska's most iconic mountain ranges, the Chugach. Here you will earn the best turns of your life and appreciate the needed rejuvenation the mountains will graciously provide.
- Avalanche safety/rescue gear (airbag pack, transceiver, shovel, and probe)
- Ski or splitboard touring gear in good working order with relevant spare parts, pre-cut climbing skins, ski crampons, and adjustable poles.
- Crampons (fit to & compatible with your boots), ice axe and glacier travel harness with 2 locking carabiners.
- Sleeping bag rated to 0-degrees F or below, down booties or efficient snow boots, and 800 fill down jacket for camping.
- Adequate clothing; including the ability to layer, wick and dry.
- Gore-Tex shell, jacket & pants
- mid layer, light to medium weight fleece or equivalent.
- base layer, wicking merino wool or synthetic (no cottons).
- Sunglasses AND goggles. PLUS Sunscreen.
- 2 reusable water bottles plus cup/mug, bowl, & spoon.
- Bring your own preferred snacks for the week.
- Ground Transportation to and from the Valdez airport for your arrival/departure.
- Aircraft transportation (helicopter or ski-plane) to/from glacier camp
- Two meals/day (breakfast & dinner) while on the glacier & electrolyte drink mix (at tour camp)
- Fresh water supply/snow for drinking water.
- Fully Guided backcountry skiing/snowboarding with a team-emphasis.
- Cook/communal tent, all cookware & spare utensils.
- All the powder & glacial ice you can handle!
What’s NOT included:
- All lodging in Valdez before or after camp
- Alcoholic beverages (Permitted sparingly, but safety is paramount. *Abuse/intoxication will not be tolerated while in the field)
- Snack/lunch foods (jerky, power bars, special diet items, etc.)
- Personal gear (sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad, etc)
- Food while in Valdez during prep days
- Gratuity for Pulseline guides and staff
Fly into Valdez, AK (Airport code: VDZ)
- Week 1: Dates to be announced
- Week 2: Dates to be announced
Ground transportation: You’ll be greeted by a Pulseline representative at the Valdez airport and shuttled to your chosen accommodations. Please note that you're responsible for all lodging arrangements and costs in Valdez even if weather delays us from flying into the field or we must exit the field early.
Required Medical Information
- Allergies/food allergies
Do you carry rescue meds, epi pen, etc.
- Current Medical conditions?
- Current prescription meds?
- Past surgeries/injuries/illnesses that could affect your ability to perform strenuous mountain activities?