Please read and understand the following policies. We ask that each guest sign a copy of these policies before arrival in Valdez.
Leftover Hobbs time and extra Hobbs
If you use all of your blade time (Hobbs) before your reserved package dates end, then you may purchase additional blade time to keep heli-skiing for your remaining reserved days. This overage is billed at the rate of $4,000 per Hobbs hour, and at least one hour must be purchased in advance for each additional day. Then, payment for all blade time that exceeds one hour is due in full before your departure from Valdez.
If you have blade time leftover when your reserved heli-skiing days are finished, it may be possible for you to either use some or all of any remaining blade time if there is availability, and it’s possible operationally (Pulseline reserves the right to make the final decision). Leftover blade time must be used during the same season (it does not rollover to subsequent seasons).
We recommend that you plan accordingly for this scenario and keep in mind that Ravn Alaska only has one flight departing Valdez to Anchorage on Saturdays at 1:15 p.m. If there is availability, and you wish to use remaining blade time, or buy extra blade time, then you’ll need to arrange your own lodging for extra nights and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly. Let us know if you have any questions.
No refunds or credits will be given for any unused leftover blade time for any reason (see below for details on our No Refund Policy and Trip Insurance).
General Reservation Policies
- A 50% deposit is required to reserve a trip that is more than 120 days from the start date
- Full payment is due 120 days before the trip start date
- If full payment is not received by 120 days before the trip, Pulseline may sell your seat(s) to another party and refund your deposit less a 10% administration fee (we'll get in touch to remind you that full payment is due)
- No guest may fly if there is a balance due
- Trip dates may not be changed within 120 days of your scheduled dates unless possible based on availability and approved by Pulseline
- All guests must sign a liability waiver before they may fly
Please let us know if you must cancel your trip via writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 25% of the deposit is refundable up to 60 days before the first scheduled day of your trip
- No refunds or credits are given for any reason if you cancel within 60 days of the trip or during the trip
No Refund Policy & Trip Insurance
Pulseline makes large financial commitments far in advance of your trip regardless of whether we can actually fly, so there are no credits or refunds for ANY reason including but not limited to: weather or snow conditions, skier/rider ability, poor fitness, injuries, illnesses, mechanical issues with the helicopter, etc.
We strongly encourage you to purchase third-party trip insurance that may help protect your financial investment.
Trips are transferable with our approval and the approval of the rest of the group.
Payments must be handled between the two parties and are subject to the same requirements outlined under our General Reservation Policies.
Daily Walk-On Heli-Skiing
Payment for a mandatory one hour of blade time is billed at $5,000 per hour (this may be split by up to four people) and is due in full before you may fly. You agree to pay for any additional blade time incurred after the original hour is utilized at the rate of $5,000 per hour (you will be billed for the actual time flown).
Early departure from the field
If you have to be flown out of the field early for any reason including but not limited to fatigue, inadequate ability, injury, illness, or a flight reservation, you will be responsible for the additional blade time used by the helicopter to fly out of and back into the field.