Pulseline Adventure Heli-Skiing Policies 2023
General Reservation Policies
- A deposit that is 50% of the total trip cost is required to reserve your trip (when reserving more than 60 days prior to the trip commencement).
- Full payment is required by Jan. 15, 2023
- If booking a trip after Jan. 15, 2023, 100% of the trip cost is due to make the reservation and reserve your seat(s) on the helicopter.
- If full payment is not received by Jan. 15, 2023, Pulseline reserves the right to sell your seat(s) to another party (we'll contact you numerous times to remind you that your full payment date is drawing near). If - for any reason - you cancel your trip, and we are unable to sell your seats, or you are unable to find someone to replace you, there will be no refunds given – no exceptions.
- If you book with less than 4 people, other guests may book any open seats (a deposit is required to confirm all seats).
- No guest may go heli-skiing if there is a balance due.
- All guests must sign our Assumption of Risk Agreement and Release of Liability form before they may fly.
- All guests must purchase trip insurance and provide a copy of the policy to Pulseline in advance of their trips.
- All guests must sign our Overage Billing Authorization Form before heli-skiing (see below).
- If booking single for a package that includes lodging, you must add the single occupancy lodging upgrade for a single room.
Overage Billing Authorization Form
All guests must sign our Overage Billing Authorization Form (OBAF) before they may fly. This authorizes Pulseline to charge your credit card for overages/additional flight time if not paid by another method (e.g. Venmo, check, wire transfer, or cash) within 24 hours of heli-skiing. This form will be signed by you during orientation on your arrival day in Valdez.
Additionally, we reserve the right to charge a fuel surcharge to your credit card if Jet A fuel prices exceed $7.00 per gallon.
Hobs overage is billed at $6,500 for the helicopter. In the case that not every guest wants additional skiing beyond their pre-paid Hobbs hours, the total cost will be divided by the number of guests in the aircraft. Payment for all overages in all cases is charged to your credit card on file with Pulseline within 24 hours of heli-skiing as per the OBAF detailed above (or other payment methods including cash, Venmo, etc., are acceptable).
If you exceed any pre-paid Hobbs hours, you must pay for all overages at the rate described above. It is your responsibility to know how many Hobbs hours you have remaining and to communicate your intentions with your guide or other Pulseline representative.
No credits are issued for any unused Hobbs hours, for ANY reason*. Pulseline makes large & non-refundable financial commitments months prior to your trip, regardless of the unknown future weather/illness/injury/etc. Therefore, we aren’t able to offer credits as this would displace future paying guests, and inflict financial damage to Pulseline.
*ANY reason includes but is not limited to: weather or snow conditions, skier/rider ability, poor fitness, injuries, illnesses, mechanical issues with the helicopter, etc. – As noted, we strongly urge all guests to buy trip insurance to cover some or all of your unused flight hours.
No refunds will be given for any unused flight time (Hobbs), for ANY reason*. Pulseline makes large & non-refundable financial commitments months prior to your trip, regardless of the unknown future weather/illness/injury/etc. Consequently, we aren’t able to offer any refunds as this would cause irreversible financial damage to the company.
*ANY reason includes, but is not limited to weather or snow conditions, skier/rider ability, poor fitness, injuries, illnesses, mechanical issues with the helicopter, etc. – Trip insurance can help protect your investment.
Please let us know via email ASAP if you must cancel your trip at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds due to cancellations will be contingent upon Pulseline, or you, successfully filling your reserved/canceled seats
- If Pulseline, or you, are able to fill your seats there will be a full refund given, less a 5% administration fee (based on the full cost of the trip)
- If your seats are left unfilled, there will be no refunds given – no exceptions
Helicopter Weight Limitations/Restrictions
Due to the weight limitations of helicopters and unique operational circumstances related to flight operations in the Chugach Mountains, it may be necessary to split groups up if needed to meet the weight requirements of the helicopter operator. Please note that we strive to keep your group together, but it may not always be possible, and we appreciate your understanding.
We strongly urge you to purchase third-party trip insurance at the time of your booking. In the event that you are unable to use all of your pre-paid Hobbs hours, for any reason, trip insurance may cover all or part of your financial losses. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding trip insurance.
Pulseline must be made aware of any potential transfers as soon as possible. Transfers are permitted, so long as the transferring guest/s meets the above requirements and signs the required forms as detailed above in our Reservation Policies. Pulseline will give no refund/s to the departing guest/s until full payment is received from the incoming guest/s. The refund will incur a 5% administrative fee. The guests may, if they choose, handle money exchanged for the transferred trip on their own.
Daily "Walk-On" Heli-Skiing (pertains to "Freeskier" groups only)
"Walk-on" daily heli-skiing requires a 1.0 hour minimum per guest, if there are other groups in the field. If there are no other groups in the field, a 1.5-hour minimum will be required to meet our daily aircraft minimums. Hobbs/flight time for walk-on heli-skiing is billed at $5,920/Hobbs hour. This hourly rate will be split by up to four guests (fewer guests will still be required to split the $5,920/Hobbs hourly rate).
Payments for minimums are due in full before you may fly, and all guests must sign our Overage Billing Authorization Form (OBAF) as detailed above.
Payments for any & all overages (time flown over the pre-paid minimums) will be charged to the credit card on file within 24 hours of heli-skiing as per the Overage Billing Authorization Form (OBAF) unless payment is made by another method (Venmo, cash, check, or wire transfer).
Early departure from the field
If you have to be flown out of the field early, for any reason, including but not limited to: fear, fatigue, inadequate ability, injury, illness, flight reservation, work conference calls, etc, you alone will be responsible to pay for the additional flight time incurred by the helicopter flight to get you out of the field and for the helicopter to fly back into the field for the remaining group(s) to continue their day. This additional flight time will be considered a personal overage, and you will automatically be charged for that round-trip flight according to our Overage Billing Authorization Form (OBAF).
-Payments for any & all overages (time flown over the prepaid minimums) will be charged to the credit card on file as per the Overage Billing Authorization Form. As stated above, you will need to sign our OBAF prior to flying (this form will be provided to you upon arrival in Valdez).
Lost/Stolen Baggage or Personal Belongings
Pulseline Adventure is not responsible for keeping track of your baggage or personal belongings or for the loss/theft of any of your baggage or personal belongings during your trip with Pulseline. If anything is left behind, you're responsible for all shipping charges to return your items.
Symptoms of Illness
If you exhibit any signs/symptoms of illness including fever, nausea, coughing, aches/chills, respiratory distress, runny nose, sore throat, fatigue, headache, etc., please note that you'll not be allowed to fly in consideration of others. Thanks for understanding.